Wildflour Cafe + Bakery: Cronuts!!! :D

So everybody is craving for the so called “cronuts or croughnuts” that even popular personalities are constantly posting pictures and tweets about this new food crave. In lieu with this I then decided to a bite of this new food crave last week at Wildflour Café + Bakery at The Podium, Mandaluyong.

Ok, I know that this product is so in demand that I went to the shop early (approximately 30 minutes from the store opening) and to my surprise they had the entire first batch sold. So they advised me to return at the store by 1PM for another set of freshly baked cronuts… and so I did return at 12:30 PM thinking that I have to be there early or else I will not be able to have the cronuts (again). At 12:30 PM they already have a couple of individuals in line waiting for the cronuts. So I did fall in line joining the others. 

I had a random conversation with the individuals falling in front and behind me. Apparently, the one in front of me was a regular costumer already. She told me that I should try Chocolate and Vanilla flavor but the best flavor according to her was the Dulce de Leche however it was pricier.  I, as well as the one behind me, were first timers so we were somehow curious about this product. He then asked what’s the difference between a cronut and a regular doughnut. She (the one in front of us) then replied that she does not know also but we have to try it. It was way more delectable daw.

Vanilla Cronuts at Wildflour Cafe + Bakery (Php 120)
So, being naïve as I am, I believe her and tried the dulce de leche (photo below) and vanilla (photo above) cronuts. I think the one behind me also bought the same products. :)


Dulce de Leche Cronut at Wildflour Cafe + Bakery (Php 150)
Both of them were superb. They have this unique taste that you will definitely make you smile after taking the first bite. It will even make you crave for more. However, I am not much of a sweet tooth (and dulce de leche is sooo sweet) so I almost consumed most of their water. One cronut for me is enough but then since I wanted to try both flavors I ate half of each and bring home the other half and shared it with my mom and sister. Both of them liked it so much. So, if given a chance to go back to Mandaluyong again I will visit and buy cronuts from Wildflour again. :)

Random Notes:
  • Cronuts in Wildflour are sold with limits of 3 cronuts/costumers
  • It is gone in no time so be sure to fall in line earlier than the stated time of product release
  • Wildflour Café + Bakery also sell other products like muffins and crookies (croissant and cookies) which are also delicious and tummy filling


  • I haven’t tried cronuts from other stores so I cannot compare and comment as to whether what I had were the most delicious. But, what I can say is that the cronuts that I have tasted were so finely made that I believe other stores will have a hard time beating my baseline. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Bittersweet Symphony Verse 2: Organized Clutter

This is basically the same template as my version 1. I just edited few codes and add more icons and blog pets as well (see bottom of page). But then my scatterbrain still needs her notepad so I'm sticking with this. (:

Feel free to browse thru my musings/rants/escapades as I tour around my country (and hopefully beyond)... Enjoy! :)

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments