Love for Cakes: Conti's Bakeshop and Restaurant

I was introduced to this restaurant way back last year and I really enjoyed their food specially their cakes. I am always looking forward to having their cakes ever since but their branches were far from our place so I rarely dine in there.

Earlier this year, my friends and I used to hang out at Robisons’ Magnolia and fortunately Conti's also had a branch there. We promised each other to dine on the restaurant on our next visit on the mall and walah, that day is now (after 7 months) and of course we delight in their cakes for dinner.

OVERVIEW:
Conti's is located at the ground floor of Robinsons’ Magnolia. Its entrance, however, was not located on the mall per se but rather facing Dona Hemady Street.

SERVICE:
They have very visible service crew. They are also attentive to our wants which made me smile. Well, we only ordered for cake slices and a pasta so they have not done much work on us.

FOODIES:
I did not order for their famous Mango Bravo since I have tried it before. I, as well as my friends, opt to try other cakes so we take their Viennese Mocha Torte, Bananalicious Pie and Mango Tart.

Mango Tart for Php 80
Sweet pie crust filled with vanilla cream and chunks of fresh ripe mangoes
topped with mango slices (from contis.ph)
Their mango tart was delicious. It is a cream filled cake that matches the generous amount of mango slices on top of it. Plus, the crust was so delicious.

Bananlicious Pie for Php 90
Buttery crust filled with vanilla cream and chunks of ripe bananas topped
with cashew nuts, chocolate and caramel syrups on whipped
cream icing (from contis.ph)
My friend wanted to have frozen bananas on her cake so she take the Bananalicious Pie. The cake was so yummy. It also has a yummy crust which taste like mango tart's crust. Frozen bananas are so delicious.

Viennese Mocha Torte for Php 115
Layers of mocha-flavored mousse, wafer and moist choco
cake coated with rich mocha butter cream icing topped
with almond sticks finished with chocolate ganache
(from contis.ph)
Last, but not the least, is the Viennese Mocha Torte. I think it has the same slice size as that of the Mango Bravo. It was made mostly of chocolate but not the very sweet one. What I like most about this cake is its icing. I rarely ate icings but this was different because it is mocha flavored and I believe it has a high caffeine content which rubbed my sleepiness away. Its icing was also garnished with almonds and I love almonds a lot which made the icing more appealing for me.

I really recommend this restaurant for foodies like me. Nothing beats a great dessert at the end of a tiring day!  So satisfy your cravings for desserts the Conti's way.


Photo credits: FotoRus, PicsArt, Instagram

CONTI'S BAKESHOP AND RESTAURANT
Upper Ground Floor, Al Fresco Area, Robinsons Magnolia
New Manila, Quezon City
(02) 385-4375, (02) 624-5933,
(02) 961-0866, (02) 961-0553
0932-882-6691, 0917-542-6667;
http://www.contis.ph

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Bittersweet Symphony Verse 2: Organized Clutter

This is basically the same template as my version 1. I just edited few codes and add more icons and blog pets as well (see bottom of page). But then my scatterbrain still needs her notepad so I'm sticking with this. (:

Feel free to browse thru my musings/rants/escapades as I tour around my country (and hopefully beyond)... Enjoy! :)

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments