Perfect Match: Mami and Siopao from Ma Mon Luk

Remember these lines:
“Nang abutan ng gutom
si Juan de la Cruz
tumapat sa Ma Mon Luk
inamoy ang mami siopao lumpia pansit
hanggang sa mabusog.”
_from Jose Lacaba’s “ Ang mga Kagilagilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Juan de la Cruz”

Ever since I have always read about this restaurant but I have never tried dining in it. My parents used to buy their huge siopao as pasalubong when they come to pass by the area. Fortunate for me I went with my dad at Banaue, Quezon City and the place where he went was about 4-5 street away from Quezon Ave so we pass by the restaurant for early lunch.

OVERVIEW:
One of Ma Mon Luk’s branch is located at 408 Quezon Avenue, Doña Josefa, Quezon City. They are open daily from 9 AM to 10:00 PM



FOODIES:
I ordered for a beef mami and a bola bola siopao.
Beef Mami for Php 115
The beef mami was so authentic. I had tasted a real Chinese noodles and this one is made almost the same. It was indeed delicious. For those who’s craving for soup and egg noodles this one is definitely the one that you must try.

Chicken Siopao for Php 60
As for the siopao. It is so huge. One siopao can satisfy two people seriously. The siopao coupled with their Ma Mon Luk’s siopao sauce. Superb! :)

Those stores at Binondo serve delicious Chinese foods as well but I must say that nothing beats the Ma Mon Luk’s dishes that never ages in spite time.


Photo credits: FotoRus, PicsArt

MA MON LUK RESTAURANT
408 Quezon Ave, Doña Josefa, Quezon City
(02) 712-3560


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Bittersweet Symphony Verse 2: Organized Clutter

This is basically the same template as my version 1. I just edited few codes and add more icons and blog pets as well (see bottom of page). But then my scatterbrain still needs her notepad so I'm sticking with this. (:

Feel free to browse thru my musings/rants/escapades as I tour around my country (and hopefully beyond)... Enjoy! :)

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments