Study Scheme

Journey to PLE Journal # 13


Usually, I do schedules whenever I have a task at hand but my utmost problem is to stick to my schedule. Believe it or not I was doing a review schedule for my board exams since October 2013 and I feel like I haven’t even finished something. Since I sort of have 1 and a half month left before the start of my formal review classes I have to somehow browse thru my books so that I will not be left clueless during my class. One and a half month is too short for studying what I have studied for 3 years in formal lectures… I should really start reading plus I don’t really want to cram for this exam even though that is probably what I do best during my student days… Hayst! This is way too crucial for me. I must get that 6 digits by August!!!

Again, I am proposing a schedule for myself and hopefully I’ll be able to stick to this one… 


I prefer to study Biochemistry, OB-Gyn, MicroPara, Legal Medicine and Preventive Medicine first because for me Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Surgery and Pharma are directly related to each other and it will be better if I study them simultaneously. Also, the first 5 subjects are lighter to study than the latter 7 subjects.

Regarding review materials, I do not have much review materials so I’ll probably start with my lecture notes since I still have some of them plus I’ll try to study pretest. Though, here’s a list of the review materials that I used during my medicine school proper and for my comprehensive exam.

ANATOMY
  • Clinical Anatomy Review by Snell (very good review material)

PHYSIOLOGY
  • BRS Physiology (again, another good review material… definitely a must read.)

BIOCHEMISTRY
  • Digging up the bones

MICROPARA
  • Digging Up the Bones
  • USMLE

PATHOLOGY
  • BRS Pathology

PHARMACOLOGY
  • Katzung and Trevor’s Review of Pharmacology (very informative book but I had a hard time reading it)

MEDICINE
  • Hi Yield Medicine
  • Harrison’s Study Guide Questions

PEDIATRICS
  • Blueprints Pediatrics

SURGERY
  • Surgery Recall

OB GYNE
  • Blueprints OB Gyne


Of course I was not able to read all of those books (I am not geek!) But, somehow they helped me during my medicine proper days specially when I do not have enough time to read the mother book (specially Patho!) But among all those reviewers what I highly recommend is the BRS Physiology. It will definitely help you understand Physio better. I do not use any reviewer for Preventive Medicine and Legal Medicine. I rely on my lecture notes and power point presentations for that.

I’ll probably post an entry regarding review materials once I’m done and over with my board exam (or when I find some during my review) but for now I’ll probably settle with what I have. 

Wish me luck!

COUNTDOWN: EXACTLY 150 days before PLE August 2014



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Bittersweet Symphony Verse 2: Organized Clutter

This is basically the same template as my version 1. I just edited few codes and add more icons and blog pets as well (see bottom of page). But then my scatterbrain still needs her notepad so I'm sticking with this. (:

Feel free to browse thru my musings/rants/escapades as I tour around my country (and hopefully beyond)... Enjoy! :)

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments