Modern Pub: Locale Gastrobar City Golf Ortigas

Even though I reside in Cainta, I haven’t been to City Golf Ortigas neither dine at Locale Gastrobar. Since I have been reading reviews about the venue I decided to celebrate my birthday with 2 of my good friends and co-intern at Locale Gastrobar.

OVERVIEW:
This is located at City Golf Compound, Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig. For commuters, from Megamall, ride an fx going to Angono FLOODWAY and drop at City Golf compound (right after Home Depot and in front of Valle Verde III gate). From Ayala, take an fx going to Antipolo or Tikling then tell the driver to drop you at the overpass of Julia Vargas Street (that is before Mom and Tina’s in C5, SM Hypermarket and Tiendesitas). Then ride another fx to Megamall then alight the fx at City Golf compound. For private vehicles, from Ayala take the C5 road and turn left at Julia Vargas street. You will find the compound at your right side. If you’re from Antipolo, take the road going to Tiendesitas then turn right at Julia Vargas street. Again, the compound is at the right. If you are from Megamall area, take the Julia Vargas Street. City Golf compound is just after home depot and in front of Valle Verde 3 gate. For those taking a private vehicle, this place has limited parking lot. You can also park in the home depot area. 







Relaxed atmosphere, comfortable seats and elegant looking bar and restaurant describe this gastropub. You may mistakenly think that this place is for high end class men but this is actually a casual dining restaurant and they have price worthy food products. 

SERVICE:
I arrived at the place quite early (or at least early for party time) so I do not have much competition with the servers and they have been very generous to entertain u for our requests.

FOODIES:
One of my friends have read reviews about the place and he want to try the Truffle Pizza however I wanted to try the 3 Cheese Pizza so we decided to order both. Aside from that we also ordered for the Angus Beef Meatballs and Truffle Fries as well. 

Truffle Fries at Php 160
Double fried batonnets of idahoe potatoes
sprinkled with truffle oil
The Truffle Fries is ok. The truffle taste is not very distinct though.

Angus Basil Meatballs at Php 220
Basil stuffed Angus ground beef balls paired with
gremolata sauce and salsa
This one is sooo good (and very photogenic too) - very meaty and flavorful. Definitely a must try!!!

3 cheese pizza at Php 390
Mozzarella, gruyere, gorgonzola
Truffle Pizza at Php 370
Mozzarella, gruyere, truffle paste
These pizza were so delicious. Both pizzas are good complimentary with wines. The 3 cheese pizza was heavenly. I love cheese and I super love this pizza. On the other hand, truffle pizza worth all the praises it received in the internet.  It really taste very good plus it has a generous amount of truffles. Love both of this pizzas.



We had a great time eating their food - very delicious indeed. Plus, this is indeed a great place to bond with friends. I’ll definitely go back here, next time probably I’ll bring my parents with me. 

City Golf Compound, Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig
Mon - Sun: 5:00 pm - 5:00 am
026310468 / 09292533128 / 09279547414
LocaleGastrobar@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Bittersweet Symphony Verse 2: Organized Clutter

This is basically the same template as my version 1. I just edited few codes and add more icons and blog pets as well (see bottom of page). But then my scatterbrain still needs her notepad so I'm sticking with this. (:

Feel free to browse thru my musings/rants/escapades as I tour around my country (and hopefully beyond)... Enjoy! :)

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments